We are currently searching for a full-time Minister of Children or Children's Ministry Director. If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your resume to SearchTeam@HPBCHanahan.com.
Highland Park Baptist Church is a church that is striving to fulfill the mission God
Highland Park Baptist Church is a church that is striving to fulfill the mission God has given us. We are located just outside of Charleston, SC in Hanahan. Highland Park is a theologically conservative Southern Baptist Church with a desire to build our methodology in a way that helps us accomplish our mission of glorifying God, making disciples, and loving others.
Our current pastor, Dr. Jeremy Wallace, was called to the church in 2016. God has blessed us over the past year by allowing us to see our average Sunday morning attendance increase from 254 in 2016 to over 300 in 2017. We currently have both a traditional and a contemporary service on Sunday mornings.
As we look toward the future, we are committed to reaching our community and the world with the message of Christ.
We currently have 5 full-time staff members (Senior Pastor, Youth Pastor, Latchkey Director, Ministry Assistant, and Custodian) and two part-time staff members (Contemporary Worship Leader, and Traditional Worship Leader). In addition, we have 12-14 part-time employees in our LatchKey Afterschool Program.
About our Current Children’s Ministry
HPBC believes whole-heartedly in the investment in today’s children. Our desire is to partner with parents in the discipleship of our children by building a children’s ministry that is gospel-centered, substantive, creative, culturally up-to-date, dynamic, and consistent.
The Children’s Pastor or Director at Highland Park will:
- Ensure that the children’s ministry helps accomplish the vision and mission of our church
- Be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our teaching and discipleship ministry to children
- Provide visionary, energetic, creative, and organized leadership to the department and its team
- Work with church leadership to rebrand our children’s ministry
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Team and report directly to the Senior Pastor
- Give input to the remodeling and renovating of our children’s ministry space
- Be a liaison to other aspects of our children’s ministry such as HOOPS, choirs, and LatchKey
Success in this role will be determined by the following:
- Having all aspects of our children’s ministry coordinated and working together to accomplish the mission of the church
- Having a system in place to recruit and train volunteers
- Having visitors view the children’s ministry of Highland Park as a fun, energetic, biblically-rooted, up-to-date avenue of discipleship
- Having an overall rejuvenated children’s program
What We are Searching For/Qualifications
- A believer in Christ who is passionate about serving in His church
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, although a seminary or Master’s degree would be preferred, but not required.
- Experience (preferably 3-5 years) in leading or working in a multi-pronged children’s ministry in a Baptist Church
- Willingness to develop a dynamic children’s ministry
- Possess the ability to recruit, train, and work well with volunteers & church members
- Willingness to work with other staff to accomplish the vision and mission of the church
- Understanding of children’s safety and security in the context of a church
- Knowledge of challenges to special needs children
- Desire to pursue quality, professionalism, and excellence in all that we do
- Possess basic understanding of and ability to use technology in the administration of a children’s ministry program